ChicoBag & To-Go Ware
Plastic pollution and marine debris are a serious and growing problem that is not going away without a global change in humanity's relationship with single-use plastics. So far, ChicoBag and To-Go Ware have helped millions significantly reduce their single-use consumption and have saved an estimated 22.6 BILLION single-use items from entering the waste-stream.
ChicoBag & To-Go Ware Core Values
THEY BUILD OPEN, HONEST, WIN-WIN-WIN RELATIONSHIPS
ChicoBag and To-Go Ware always strive for the holistic win, win, win - where all parties, including our Earth are considered. They communicate openly with customers, partners and with each other. They seek first to understand, then to be understood. They are proactive, courageous and start with the end in mind. They measure what is important. They say only what they mean. They don’t make assumptions and they find the courage to ask questions and to express what they really want. This type of communication leads to open and honest relationships that allow for the needs of each party to be met.
THEY STRIVE FOR ZERO WASTE
They strive to leave the planet better than we found it. When waste does not become food for another system; natural or otherwise, it becomes pollution. They are committed to continually creating efficiencies that eliminate waste in all aspects of our business. They walk the talk and simply refuse the big 4 (single-use plastic bags, single-use water bottles, single-use cups and polystyrene take-out). They value efficiency, durability, innovation and quality. They always strive to do their best, and acknowledge that they will make mistakes. They will never let a mistake go to waste - always improving, always learning, always being the change they wish to see in the world. They believe this is good for businesses, good for the people whose lives they touch and good for the planet.
8 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE SINGLE USE BAG WASTE
- Set a good example by saying “no” to a single-use bag when you’re at the store. Others in line will follow suit.
- Encouraging legislators in your town to implement a grocery bag fee if they haven’t already.
- Talk to local community and environmental groups about the bag issue and find out if they want to get involved.
- Encourage local retailers to start a smart bagging policy with these tips:Offer a bag refund to customers who bring their own reusable bags
Place signs reminding people to bring their own reusable bags
Create a reusable bag drop off for others to use
Create an in-store bag recycling program
Sell reusable bags in their store
- Create a petition asking your city to require reusable products from every retailer. Circulate it at schools, universities, the library, grocery stores, farmer’s markets, and anywhere else where you can connect with your neighbors.
- Bring an extra reusable bag to the grocery store the next time you shop and give it away to a stranger who forgot one. Ask them to “Pay it Forward” and give a reusable bag away the next time they shop.
- Write a letter to the newspaper or local news station explaining the environmental problems with single-use paper and plastic bags.
- Give your friends and family reusable bags as gifts for birthdays, graduation, housewarming parties, and special holidays.
- To-Go Ware
- To-Go Ware
- To-Go Ware