Slow Cooker Spring Vegetable Polenta
Total Time: 90 mins
Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Makes: 4 servings
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Polenta
3 cups water
1 teaspoon + ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
½ cup feta, crumbled
1 pound asparagus
1 bunch radishes
1 tablespoon Sutter Butte Meyer Lemon
Infused Olive Oil
½ teaspoon garlic granules
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
⅛ teaspoon fine grind black pepper
1 teaspoon Sutter Butte Balsamic Vinegar
1. Into a 3.5-quart slow cooker, combine 1 cup polenta, 3 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt. Turn to High for 90 minutes.
2. When polenta has been cooking for 75 minutes, preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven preheats, wash and trim asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Wash and quarter radishes. Place vegetables into baking dish.
3. In baking dish, drizzle vegetables with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle seasonings and remaining salt over vegetables, then toss to coat again.
4. Roast vegetables for 12 to 14 minutes, until they are fork-tender and slightly blistered.
5. While vegetables roast, stir polenta. If it has absorbed all the water, turn slow cooker to “Warm” setting and stir in the feta. Cover until vegetables are done.
6. Once vegetables are done, remove from oven. Stir polenta again and divide into four bowls. Top each bowl with vegetables and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to taste, about ¼ teaspoon per bowl.
From this recipe
Bob's Red Mill Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Corn Grits Polenta 24 oz. Bag SKU: 232902$4.25
Sutter Buttes Sutter Buttes Traditional Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar 8.5 fl. oz SKU: 233916$13.35
Sutter Buttes Sutter Buttes Lemon Balsamic Vinegar 8.5 fl. oz SKU: 233920$13.35
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Red Chili Peppers, Crushed 1.20 oz. SKU: 18320$4.69
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Black Pepper, Medium Grind 1.80 oz. SKU: 18383$6.19
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Garlic Granules, Organic 2.68 oz. SKU: 18469$8.79