Grain-Free Cheesecake Bars
Total Time: 75 mins
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 14-16 servings
These creamy and delicious cheesecake bars feature a flavorful crust made with our Grain Free Blueberry Muffin Mix. Make them the night before you plan to enjoy. This best thing is, it's easy to make these Grain Free Cheesecake Bars dairy-free! (Thanks to our friends at Bob's Red Mill for letting us share this recipe.)
1 pkg Bob’s Red Mill® Grain Free Blueberry Muffin Mix
8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted Butter, melted
16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Sour Cream
3 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 cups fresh Blueberries
- For this recipe you will need to create a water bath using a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and an 8 x 8-inch baking dish that will fit inside of the larger dish. You will also need enough boiling water to fill the 9 x 13-inch dish with an inch of water, with the 8 x 8-inch pan sitting in it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Spray the 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Allow the parchment paper to extend over the sides of the baking dish to help lift the cheesecake out when it is done.
- In a food processor, process Blueberry Muffin Mix until the blueberries are broken down and resemble coarse crumbs. Add melted butter and process to combine. Press the mixture into the 8 x 8-inch baking dish to form the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool slightly while you work on the filling.
- With a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Add sour cream, vanilla extract, beaten eggs and lemon juice. Mix until just combined.
- Pour filling over the crust. Put the empty 9 x 13-inch pan on the oven rack in the lower third of the preheated oven. Place the cheesecake pan in the 9 x 13-inch pan and carefully pour boiling water into the larger pan until the water comes about halfway up the sides of the smaller pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the center is just set. Turn the oven off, crack the door open and allow the cheesecake to cool for an hour in the oven. The water bath along with the gentle cooling will help to ensure a crack-free cheesecake. After an hour, remove cheesecake from the oven and allow it to fully cool before refrigerating. Let the cheesecake chill overnight, then cut into 16 bars.