You'll love this easy-to-make recipe for preparing elderberries. This jam makes it easy to add elderberries to any meal.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 pints.
Share with your friends
- 1/2 cup Frontier Co-op® Organic Whole Elderberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons pectin
- 1/2 cup honey
- Allow elderberries to soak in water overnight.
- In pot, bring berries, water, and lemon juice to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture, pectin, and honey into blender; blend until smooth.
- Return blended mixture to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer and stir for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour jam into canning jars. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. The jam will solidify as it cools.