Tomato Lentil Salad with Black Garlic
When it’s tomato season, we like to keep it simple and fresh. This easy lentil salad lets your tomatoes shine — yet is a standout thanks to Simply Organic Black Garlic Finishing Salt. Serve as a hearty lunch or as a side with grilled fish or chicken. (Thank you to our friend Katie Shatzer for creating this wonderful recipe.)
Share with your friends
- 1 cup Timeless Black Lentils
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large tomatoes (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 tbsp Sutter Butte Basil-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sutter Butte Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Simply Organic Black Garlic Finishing Salt, plus more to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water, lentils and sea salt to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 12-15 minutes. Once tender, drain excess water and transfer lentils to a large bowl.
- While lentils cook, slice tomatoes into eighths, then 1-inch pieces. Transfer to bowl with lentils once lentils have cooled slightly.
- Drizzle lentils and tomatoes with basil-infused olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with finishing salt.