Straightforward Maple Pumpkin Pie
Total Time: 75 mins
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4-6 servings
1 1/2 cup pumpkin or butternut puree
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Runamok Maple Sugarmaker’s Cut pure maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Prepare the pumpkin or butternut puree as described above.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare your pie crust by rolling it out and laying it gently into your pie pan.
- To a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree and eggs and blend well.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the whipped cream or ice cream) and stir until combined.
- Pour the custard into the prepared pan and crimp the edges of the dough to set just above the edge of the custard.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean but before the top turns brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
From this recipe
Runamok Maple Runamok Maple Sugarmaker's Cut Organic Maple Syrup 12.68 fl. oz. SKU: 232774$22.25
Simply Organic Simply Organic Cinnamon, Ground 2.45 oz. SKU: 18513$6.79
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Nutmeg, Ground 1.92 oz. SKU: 18369$8.19
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Kosher Flake Salt 1 lb. SKU: 4419$10.40