Dairy-Free Vanilla Creamer with Six Different Spiced Variations
Total Time: 20 mins
Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Makes: 2.5 cups
This base vanilla bean creamer is dairy-free, which also means it is vegan, but it doesn’t skimp on flavor or creaminess. Making it yourself means you know what ingredients are going in your warm cuppa. You could also use this in your hot cocoa or even in your cold brew. Sweetened coconut condensed milk gives it that added sweetness. Frontier Co-op and Simply Organic have so many great spice blends to choose from, I have added 6 different ways to flavor this vanilla base creamer recipe. (Thank you to our friend Stacey Swanson for creating this wonderful recipe.)
1.5 cups of unsweetened oat milk or a low sugar barista-style plant milk (or any thick & creamy plant-based milk you like, macadamia would work great)
1 14 ounce can of sweetened coconut condensed milk
pinch of Frontier Co-op fine salt
* additional options (always start with 1/8 tsp with spices and work way up to taste)
*Frontier Co-op or Simply Organic ground cinnamon to taste for a sweet cinnamon vanilla creamer or add 1 cinnamon stick in while steeping
*Frontier Co-op El Ras Hanout to taste for a sweet vanilla spicy chai like creamer
*Frontier Co-op Sweet Tumeric blend to taste for a sweet vanilla golden milk turmeric creamer
*Frontier Co-op apple pie spice
*Frontier Co-op pumpkin pie spice
*Try a couple teaspoons or to taste of Equal Exchange baking cocoa to make a mocha version
*This recipe can also be made with dairy. Simply substitute in a dairy milk or cream of choice and 1 can of regular sweetened condensed milk and follow the rest of the instructions as is.
- Split your vanilla bean and scrape the vanilla caviar out if you are using a bean vs homemade vanilla bean powder
- In a saucepan, place the bean & vanilla caviar OR homemade vanilla bean powder, oat milk, coconut sweetened condensed milk, pinch of salt. Now is also the time to add in any of your optional spices if you are going to (cinnamon, El Ras Hanout, sweet tumeric blend). Just heat through about 5 minutes (no need to boil or simmer).
- Once heated through simply turn off the heat and let it steep about 15 minutes or until cooled off.
- Place in a container and keep it in the refrigerator about a week or so.
From this recipe
Frontier Frontier Co-op Vanilla Beans, Whole 2 beans SKU: 2340$26.46
Simply Organic Simply Organic Madagascar Vanilla Beans 2 beans SKU: 19496$18.79
Simply Organic Simply Organic Cinnamon, Ground 2.45 oz. SKU: 18513$6.59
Frontier Frontier Co-op Pumpkin Pie Spice 1.72 oz. SKU: 19086$5.69
Equal Exchange Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa 8 oz. SKU: 220833$10.00
Frontier Bulk Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Table Grind 5 lb. SKU: 193$13.84