No Stir Lemon Pistachio Snacking Granola
Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
The combination of lemon and pistachios in this granola is something special. I bake this at a lower temperature so the granola doesn’t become overly crunchy and brown, I feel this makes it for a more snackable granola. I love this granola three ways: simply snack on as is, crumbled over top key lime coconut yogurt or a smoothie bowl, or dip granola chunks in a mixture of melted white chocolate and pistachio butter for a dessert granola that would make a great addition to any holiday dessert tray, brunch or foodie gift. (Thank you to our friend Stacey Swanson for creating this wonderful recipe.)
Beyond Gourmet parchment paper
Rebel Green Fruit & Veggie Wash
2.5 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Oats
1/2 cup of shelled chopped pistachios
1/4 cup of raw pepitas
1/4 cup of sliced raw almonds
1/4 cup of vanilla maple ghee (see additional recipe)
Zest of 1 lemon + juice of that same lemon
1 teaspoon of Simply Organic or Frontier Co-op vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of Simply Organic lemon flavoring
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of Wholesome Organic agave syrup
1 tablespoon of Frontier Co-op chia seeds
Pinch of Frontier Co-op salt
*1/2 cup optional shredded coconut
*optional karmalize.me pistachio butter & white chocolate (melted & stirred together)
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash your lemon with Rebel Green
3. Zest your lemon and then juice it into a bowl
4. In that same bowl, combine all the ingredients above (minus the optional ones), stir well to distribute everything evenly.
5. Turn the wet mixture out onto the parchment covered pan and flatten it to the desired thickness but keep it packed together. This mixture is not going to reach the sides of the pan, you are just flattening and packing into a free form shape that will stay together while baking, it is not going to be a perfect uniform shape. Sometimes placing another sheet of parchment on top while you are flattening & packing helps. You can also use lightly moistened hands with some water or even nonstick spray. We are not going to stir this granola while it bakes. Packing it together tightly ensures it bakes as one united piece and then we can break it up into snacking size pieces
6. Bake for 15 min increments, rotating the pan for a total of 60 minutes. Turn off the oven for the last 15 minutes or at minute 45. If you notice your granola browning prior to this, then pull it out. We don’t want this to get a deep brown like traditional granola. We want a blonder granola that isn’t super dried out.
7. Let this cool on the pan when done baking and then you can break it into hunks.
8. Eat as is, or crumble some of the chunks up and sprinkle over yogurt or ice cream.
9. If you want to make more of a dessert snacking granola, you are simply going to melt 1/2 package of white chocolate chips, add in a couple of teaspoons of karmalize.me pistachio butter to taste and drizzle over the granola pieces or dip one end of the granola in the pistachio white chocolate mix and coconut sprinkle optional.
From this recipe
Beyond Gourmet Beyond Gourmet Unbleached Parchment Paper 15'L x 1.75 W x 1.75H SKU: 207425$7.99
Rebel Green Rebel Green Fruit & Veggie Clean Produce Wash Spray 17 fl. oz. SKU: 236898$6.75
Bob's Red Mill Bob's Red Mill Organic Regular Rolled Oats 32 oz. resealable bag SKU: 234173$7.20
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz. SKU: 23188$22.49
Simply Organic Simply Organic Lemon Flavor 2 fl. oz. SKU: 18528$5.39
Maple Valley Cooperative Maple Valley Cooperative Amber & Rich Organic Maple Syrup 16 fl. oz. SKU: 235613$17.59
Wholesome Sweeteners Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave Syrup 11.75 oz. SKU: 232720$7.49
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Chia Seed, Whole, Organic 1 lb. SKU: 4416$22.88
Frontier Co-op Frontier Co-op Sea Salt, Coarse 5 lbs. SKU: 333$15.92
Wildly Organic Wildly Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes 8 oz. SKU: 235170$7.59