4 Natural DIY Skin Care Tips for Summer
DIY Natural Summer Skin Care Tips & Recipes
When we think of summer, we're filled with visions of time spent outdoors enjoying the warm weather. It is very much in our nature to move our lives outside to soak up the sun like the plants that are heavily in bloom. But along with the fun and days full of sunshine, summer brings a variety of issues that we all face as we expose our skin to the outdoors. Read on to learn about natural skin care during the summer and explore our top 4 DIY skin care tips and recipes.
How Can I Take Care of My Skin Naturally in the Summer?
Summer is rough on your skin. But there are a variety of things you can do to naturally take care of your skin during the summer. Here are 3 tips that can help you keep your skin feeling soft and natural during the summer months.
- Incorporate essential oils into your natural summer skin care routine
- Create and Use a soothing and cooling after sun mist DIY skin care recipe
- Create and use a DIY natural lemon eucalyptus, coconut and aloe body mist recipe
1. Incorporate Essential Oils into Your Natural Summer Skin Care Routine
To keep skin healthy, glowing and protected – consider using essential oils and natural skin care oils to care for your skin during the summer. Some DIY recipes to incorporate essential oils in your summer skin care routine are:
- After care for sun exposure
- Giving a boost to body scrubs and natural lotion/oil blends for glowing skin
- Soothing irritated skin
Some caution is required when using essential oils for DIY summer skin care – particularly with citrus oils in the summertime. In skin applications with citrus oils, we become more sensitive to UV light, which increases our potential to burn. Make sure to avoid direct sunlight after such applications.
A nourishing, cooling mist is a relief after spending the day in the sun. I suggest trying naturally cooling oils like peppermint and spearmint, or lavender and helichyrsum — which combine well with one another, or can be used on their own. All are ideal after sun skin care. Below are some of our favorite summertime recipes for natural skincare:
2. Soothing And Cooling After Sun Mist DIY Skin Care Recipe
After you've spent time in the sun, your skin may feel both dry and hot. Here's a recipe with a few simple ingredients to help provide some cooling and soothing for your skin.
- 3 ounces distilled water
- 1 ounce aloe gel or extract
- 18 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops spearmint essential oil
- Pour ingredients into a spray mister bottle. Essential oils and water will separate, so shake the bottle vigorously before misting lightly over sunburned skin.
- To increase the cooling effect, store your bottle in the refrigerator.
3. DIY Natural Lemon Eucalyptus, Coconut And Aloe Body Mist Recipe
If the smell of mint isn't your thing, try this DIY alternative to help your skin feel cool, hydrated and relieved.
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops patchouli essential oil
- 8 drops lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 2-ounce mist bottle
- 3 tablespoons coconut water
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera extract
- Into bottle, measure all ingredients.
- Replace lid and shake vigorously until contents are well blended.
- To use, shake bottle and mist exposed skin.
4. Try This Simple Remedy to Naturally Make Your Skin Glow at Home This Summer
- Use aloe vera to cool your skin after time in the sun
- Vitamin E-rich skin care products provide relief to inflamed, irritated skin
- Avocado Oil skin care helps to replenish your dry skin
- Use natural exfoliaters on your face like this one from Burt's Bee
- Household items like bananas can be used to help tighten your skin
- Protect your skin from free radicals with products rich in antioxidants
- Workout and exercise promote new skin cells to keep your skin glowing
Explore Co-op Market’s Natural Skin Care Products This Summer
When summer comes, be prepared to take care of your skin naturally. Co-op Market carries a variety of natural skin care products that you can use to help make your skin stay hydrated, healthy and glowing during the summertime.
Interested in DIY personal care products? Here’s 5 benefits of homemade beauty & skincare products.